Mexican (Inspired) Lentils
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup red lentils (or whatever you’ve got)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup water
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion for about a minute. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the lentils and stir to coat.
- Add the water, stir, and simmer lentils until tender. Most of the water should be absorbed.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Makes two (spicy!) portions.