Roasted Potatoes with Paprika and Garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes (about 4 good-sized ones)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Cut potatoes into chunks about 1 inch wide. Try to make the pieces the same size.
- Put the potato pieces in a large bowl or colander and rinse with cold water to release some of the starch.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or Pam. Spread the potatoes onto the sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle liberally with the salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes. Every 15 minutes, check on them, stir them around a little,
taste one or twoand add more paprika if desired.
- With five minutes to go in the oven, sprinkle the garlic over the potatoes and stir to combine. Most of the garlic ended up burned at the bottom of the pan, but I swear they added a garlicky flavor nonetheless.
- Let cool a few minutes and serve. Serves 3-4.