Welcome to Healthy Twists! My boyfriend suggested the title, well he wanted me to call it “Hallie’s Healthy Twists.” Close enough. The idea is that I’d take unhealthy recipes and put a healthy twist on them (his specific request was for healthy chicken wings…so I’ll be tackling that one eventually. I’ve been reading blogs for over a year, and reading about starting blogs and thinking about starting one of my own. I was so afraid to start a blog because I was afraid to fail, but I’ve decided to just jump in! I’m not even sure what this blog exactly will be, but it’s something I’ve been thinking about for some time now.
A little about me:
- I’m 24 and live in San Diego, CA. Yes, it’s fantastic
- I work for a museum here in town, in the marketing /PR department. It’s my first “real job” and I don’t think I could have asked for a better place to start my career (cheesy, but true)
- I went to Ithaca College in upstate New York. After getting a real sense of seasons, I left my snow tires behind and came home.
- I live with my boyfriend of 2.5 years Mitch and our puppy Nina. Oh we have a fish too, Phillip. Phillip is named after Phillip Rivers of the Chargers. His name used to be Peavy but then Jake Peavy left the Padres. Nina was the name she had when we adopted her a year ago.
- I’m really interested in nutrition, and overall health. This comes from being overweight until was 18 and then losing about 40 pounds by changing my diet and working out.
- I’m always looking for something “new” to do, exercise-wise. I just started yoga and I love it! I’ve also trained and completed for The 3 Day (60-mile walk in 3 days to raise money for breast cancer), worked out with a trainer, taken a hip-hop aerobics class, you name it. I’m a huge klutz though, so no real “sports.”
- I’ve been to 7 world capitals (Washington DC, Paris, London, Lisbon, Jerusalem, Rome). Eight if you count the airport in Madrid.
- I used to be a really picky eater, but I’m getting way better. To Mitch’s dismay, I don’t like cheese. Except on pizza. I know, I’m weird. I also don’t like mushrooms, asparagus, tofu (trying to work on that one), lobster, eggs, calamari, deli ham, brazil nuts, and probably some other things too. I have a big sweet tooth, and I’m really not picky about desserts. If it has sugar, I’m there.
- I’m really fidgety. I also have a pretty short attention span.
And with that, I’m out. For now. Peace!