Hola! So first things first. Remember when I thought Nina ate a chicken bone awhile back? Well today, Mitch went out for a run and when he came back, our girl had gotten into the trash and eaten an ENTIRE chicken carcass from the rotisserie chicken we had last night (oh, the things you vegetarians don’t have to worry about!). I called the vet and the receptionist said that while Nina has a few uncomfortable days ahead (and we should schedule our carpet cleaning now) she’ll probably be ok; we just need to keep an eye on her. So I’m pretty freaked out, once again. If I’m this worried about my dog, I can only imagine how I’ll be when I have human children to care for…yikes!
Anyway, parenting issues aside, I wanted to share a yummy meal I made on Sunday. I guess I was still feeling patriotic or all-American, or I knew I’d need comfort for the week ahead.
Looks decadent, no? Looks can be deceiving!
This was my BBQ Bacon Meatloaf with a few “edits:"
- One heaping Tbsp of nonfat Greek yogurt instead of milk (KEY change!)
- Center-cut bacon instead of regular
- Jarred roasted red peppers instead of fresh
- No Cajun seasoning (a sprinkle of garlic salt instead)
- Instead of the BBQ sauce, I mixed 1 Tbsp of hoisin sauce with 1 Tbsp of chili-garlic sauce and topped it off with a ton of Sriracha. SO GOOD, and lighter to boot!
And what did we have on the side? Mashed cauliflower! Remember when this popular on the blogs awhile back (or have none of you been reading food blogs that long, lol)? I’ve always wanted to try this but was a little scared. I wish I’d tried it sooner!
I tried to be all fancy and make this buttermilk mashed cauliflower thing, and it was a big FAIL (buttermilk curdles when heated, who knew)? So make Jenna’s recipe if you want to try it. It tasted like cauliflower (duh) but TOTALLY had the consistency of whipped, creamy potatoes! I’ll definitely make this again. I found this (don’t laugh!)packet of organic gravy mix at the store that only had 25 calories per serving, so I made that to have on the cauliflower. Speaking of servings, what you see above was Mitch’s serving; here’s what I ate:
Lest you think I gorged myself on turkey meatloaf and mashed cauliflower 🙂
And the ADD Girl Strikes Again…
So, I’m thinking (again!) of making some tweaks to the style/content of my blog. Basically I want to talk more about more than food/recipes. Not sure yet where I’m going, but my blogging idol is Roni of Roni’s Weigh, so I think something more along the lines of what she writes about (significantly less awesome though, of course).
So I’m wondering:
- Would a “change midstream” (haha) turn people off? Would I lose readers?
- What makes a good blog? What makes a “bad” blog (and we know those exist!)
- Who is your blogging idol? Or am I the only one who has one?
Thanks, Ace Research Team! Have a good night all.