This pasta salad is super easy and healthy. The trick is to make it at least several hours ahead so the flavors can blend. Other tasty additions for pasta salad include: cherry tomatoes, fresh herbs, mozzarella, red onion, pepperoncini peppers, feta, crumbled cooked bacon, chopped pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, grilled zucchini, jarred jalapeno, edamame, and on and on and on!
- 1.5 cups short pasta, like penne, bowtie, or elbow.
- 1/3 cup fire-roasted corn (from Trader Joe’s)
- 2-3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup chickpeas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup light Italian salad dressing (my fav: Newman’s Own)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Be careful not to overcook, because they will soften further when dressed.
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 2 hours. Overnight if you can. Serves 6.